Monday, February 28, 2011

4:45 a.m.

This is the time of day, every day, that AJ likes to bless me with his presence.  I am not exaggerating... he has been like clock work (no pun intended) for months now.  It's not all bad though, because he goes to bed at 7:30 - that's over 9 hours of sleep a night!  You might ask, "Why not put him to bed later?"  Good thinking, but this little man has an internal clock that says to get up at 4:45 no matter what time you put him down.  During the week, it's definitely manageable.  I would normally get up at 5:30 to get ready for work, so waking up at 4:45 isn't much different, and it allows me some cuddle time with my little guy.  But 4:45 comes WAY too early on the weekends! 

So as I walk my groggy self to his crib every morning at 4:45, cursing the sleep gods ( I can't blame him, so I have to blame something), and pick up my snuggly little man, he shows me his huge grin and I forget what time it is...

No comments: