Monday, March 21, 2011

6th Annual Sparks/Brandeberry Girl's Weekend


This last weekend marked the 6th annual Sparks/Brandeberry girl's weekend.  For six years now, myself and Aaron's mom, Gwen, and her bestfriend Gail Brandeberry, and her daughter Taryn, have gotten together for a girl's weekend.  Usually Aaron's dad, brother and Gail's husband (and a few other men) also get together that weekend for some manly time as well.  Our past travels have included Salem (to visit a family friend), Seattle a few times, San Francisco (I was unable to make this one because Addi was just born) and Wenatchee.  A few times we've included other family members which has been a lot of fun.  Each weekend is filled with relaxation and excitement, some of which has been yummy meals, shopping, pedicures, city tours, plays, cooking, sewing, exersizing and so much more!
                                   

This last weekend was a blast as well!  It started out with me driving to Wenatchee Thursday to drop the kids off with my mom and sister (first time I was away from AJ, but I survived).  I was able to sneak in a green beer with some friends and my sisters that night in honor of St. Patty's Day.

Gwen and I headed to Snoqualmie Friday morning to Gail's house to start sewing aprons!  Gwen and Gail had already made Addi her own apron that matched mine - it was adorable.  Taryn and I sewed all day, with LOTS of help from Gwen and Gail.  We stopped long enough to eat homemade paninis :-). 

Friday night we went to an amazing cooking class in Kirkland - we can now cook Thai Food!!  I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a very hands-on cooking experience with an excellent teacher and great food. 

Saturday we headed to Greenlake for a nice walk, followed by a yummy lunch.  Saturday night we headed to Redmond to watch a movie - and it was not your typical movie theater!  This movie theater had recliners, food, alcohol and a waitstaff!  All you had to do was relax in the recliner with your pillow and blanket and order from the watier - and the movie was good too!

Sunday morning I met up with an old college buddy for some much needed catching up and then I hit the road to pick up my kids!  It was so nice to see them!

Overall it was a great weekend and I'm already looking forward to next year's annual get-together!  THANK YOU Gwen for yet another amazing girl's weekend!  And THANK you to my mom and sister for watching the crazy kids!
Addi's apron and my apron! 
We've already tried them on and they fit perfectly! 
I can't wait to bake some cupcakes in them this weekend!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Jenny! I have been to that theater in Redmond a few times now and it totally changes the movie-going experience, doesn't it? It's awesome! Those aprons are so cute! Sounds like a fun girls' weekend. :)

Kim @ The Gab said...

Sounds like a great time! We should do a project weekend with the P.S. girls :) Thanks for the call the other week. I'll try to connect with you soon. xo